• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can you recommend Good Online Backup for Phone.

Hi Guys

Search online for different method / software that can backup , but nothing seem to meet my need. which is

A) I want to backup online my whole phone so the home screen folders that I created and photos currently on the device all is backup online , in the event of restore all I want to do is press a button and everything is back the way it should be. no need to re-download all your apps and then create the same folder again and so forth ,

Please can anyone one recommend a good software , Kies doesn't backup folders so its no good.

thanks

U have to be rooted and then use a backup app like MyBackup Pro or Titanium to save app data mate but i dont know about backing up to "the cloud". MyBackup has cloud storage but whenever ive tried it, it doesnt have enough cloud space for me so i back up to sd card (suppose i could then upload the backup file to dropbox)
I dont know about the stock launcher but most 3rd party ones let you back up your home screens to internal sd then just make a copy onto external sd or dropbox or whatever

Upvote 0
Titanium has access to box, dropbox and google drive. There is no one stop backup and restore app though. Photos etc are on the sdcard and titanium doesnt back that up. Thinks Like FolderSync are great though.

You'll always have to use a combination of things to achieve the ultimate backup but even then restoring is never faultless. Launchers can be tricky to restore. If you're unrooted, the options are even worse.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I find Nova really easy to restore. Even widgets :)

Ive heard of Carbon but havent used it.. i bought MyBackup Pro a couple of phones ago so might as well use it lol but carbon sounds good for unrooted peeps :thumbup:

Just had a look at Carbon, its made by Clockwork so sounds good to me and its free.
Does backing up an app and data with one of these apps leave it open to piracy? Like, if you backed up a payed app onto a friends SD, could they use it in thier phone?
Was thinkin about this lastnight and if this is why google are keen to wipe out external storage?

Upvote 0
I find Nova really easy to restore. Even widgets :)

Ive heard of Carbon but havent used it.. i bought MyBackup Pro a couple of phones ago so might as well use it lol but carbon sounds good for unrooted peeps :thumbup:

Just had a look at Carbon, its made by Clockwork so sounds good to me and its free.
Does backing up an app and data with one of these apps leave it open to piracy? Like, if you backed up a payed app onto a friends SD, could they use it in thier phone?
Was thinkin about this lastnight and if this is why google are keen to wipe out external storage?

How would wiping out external storage stop someone copying data off their phone?

Upvote 0
Yes, some providers don't backup folders. this happened with my phone number of times as my system crashed and i lost my data and unable to recover my folders. But last year i reached out to the list of best online backup providers for phone & finally got some good providers that securely backup my online data in my all devices including iphone. Certainly in the start I went through to the different online backup providers and avail their free trails. Then finally I selected Live Drive and MyPCBackup. as my online backup platform. They not only backup my folders but restore my data with in minutes any time my system crashed. I like syncing features that update my data in real time and much glad with their support service as well. Even i can backup my data in multiple devices. I always acknowledge that list of best providers that helped me out in choosing the best online backup. Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones