• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot cast from Google Cast and Google Photos

I have been using Chromecast for quite some time with great success with Youtube app and Netflix app. Now I wanted to cast pictures and tried Google Photos, latest version available 7th of July 2016. It dit not work on my Galaxy S6 with Android 6.01, but it works on another phone with Android 5, same Wifi and Chromecast.

I then tried Google Cast, which finds the Chromecast nicely, but when I select "cast screen/audio", it scans for devices and reports "No compatible devices found".

Anyone who knows what can be causing this? I found this thread on a similar, but not exactly the same topic, and I have checked that Google+ have all permissions. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chromecast/RrBauz-05hw/57LzC5fPCwAJ

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones