1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cannot download appsSupport

1. rnewland

rnewland Member

I have a question. My girlfriend just gave me her old T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2, I have not, and will not be putting service on it. I was wondering if it would be like the rest of the devices and act as a tablet or iPod Touch with wifi. And if so, why can't I download apps? Everytime I try to download an app, it says [Insert App name here] cannot be downloaded due to an error. Google play says it's downloaded. But not installed.

Advertisement
    :
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

You need to set up your device to use Google Play: from their help page...

To use Google Play to download Android apps, you'll need to have a Google account with a Google email (either Gmail or a Google-hosted domain) associated with your phone or tablet. Follow these steps to add an existing Google account to your device or create a new Google account for use with Google Play:

Turn on your device and tap the Google Play Store app.
    If you haven't added an email account to your device, you'll be prompted to "Add a Google Account."
    Follow the instructions on the device, which will walk you through signing into an existing Google account or creating a new Google account.
    Once you have signed into your existing Google account or created a new account, you'll be able to use Google Play to download Android apps.

Keep in mind that if you intend to purchase apps, you'll also need to make sure your Google account is set up for use with Google Wallet.
  3. rnewland

rnewland Member

I have a Google account. I've signed into it. It still says that the app cannot be downloaded.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Some things to try:

1 - Try going to settings>all, scroll down and find Google Services Framework. Clear data and cache and reboot.

2 - Clear data and cache in the Play Store app

3 - Go to the Play Store on your computer and try downloading an app to your phone that way to see if it will.
  5. rnewland

rnewland Member

Ok, I will try that. I hope something works!
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Sorry that should be settings > applications > all
  7. rnewland

rnewland Member

I got it! I just reset the phone. There was an error in the marketplace.
  8. rnewland

rnewland Member

Thank you for your help Atmazzz
    Atma likes this.
  9. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad you got it working. :)