• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot download apps

rnewland

Lurker
Feb 18, 2013
I have a question. My girlfriend just gave me her old T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2, I have not, and will not be putting service on it. I was wondering if it would be like the rest of the devices and act as a tablet or iPod Touch with wifi. And if so, why can't I download apps? Everytime I try to download an app, it says [Insert App name here] cannot be downloaded due to an error. Google play says it's downloaded. But not installed.

You need to set up your device to use Google Play: from their help page...

To use Google Play to download Android apps, you'll need to have a Google account with a Google email (either Gmail or a Google-hosted domain) associated with your phone or tablet. Follow these steps to add an existing Google account to your device or create a new Google account for use with Google Play:

Turn on your device and tap the Google Play Store app.
If you haven't added an email account to your device, you'll be prompted to "Add a Google Account."
Follow the instructions on the device, which will walk you through signing into an existing Google account or creating a new Google account.
Once you have signed into your existing Google account or created a new account, you'll be able to use Google Play to download Android apps.

Keep in mind that if you intend to purchase apps, you'll also need to make sure your Google account is set up for use with Google Wallet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones