• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot find the Contacts/People app on Android 4 tablet

evereti

Lurker
Aug 27, 2012
Hi
New to forum but not to Android (house has 2 x Galaxy S, and 2 x Galaxy Tab 10.1).

Problem is we bought a new Android Tablet (Anditone A91) for the Mother in law to play around with, and I cannot find the Contacts app. From other forums I see that it may now be called People in Android 4.

I have searched all home pages and looked under apps, no Contacts and no People. If I look under "Manage Apps/all" I can see the wee blue box with the white face on it and its actually called Contacts. I can stop it, disable it, enable it, but get option to put it on the home page, or the Application locker.

Going quietly crazy with this one. I would really like the plain old Contacts app from my other droids. Can anyone help??:mad::mad:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones