• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot revert hboot to stock for stock rom

I have unlocked my bootloader, flashed twrp, flashed raptorRom, and of course rooted my phone. The problem is the boost store cannot activate it for some reason. I figured it must be something to do with the customizations so I'd like to revert back to stock. I am currently on hboot version: 3.19.0.0000 and S-ON. The only PC i have will not boot from USB so I cannot use that ISO method (I forgot what it was called) to get S-off (I'm only needing S-off because I've been reading that i needs to to off in order to downgrade the Hboot to flash stock rom/RUU. I've ben trying to flash the "Bravo Stock" img from AlphaRev site but I keep getting message:
unknown partition 'hboot.img'
error: cannot determine image filename for 'hboot.img'

Hopefully someone can help me make this stock...or at least offer advice as to how I can get this phone activated at the Boost Store.
Thanks

I went to boostmobile dot com and activated the htc. Unfortunately, when it downloads the update - it boots back to recovery and I can find the update.zip in my downloads folder fine - but it fails every time which causes the phone not to fully activate. I have 4g LTE data but I cannot make or receive calls. Naturally, I assume it's because of the mods (either RaptorRom or the hboot version. All the personal data in the about section of the phone reflects all the old stuff like email and phone number. Nothing I do puts the phone back to stock. I'm lost.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones