Cannot save to SD cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. BLUFALCON78

BLUFALCON78 Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been discussed on here before but I did search for about 20 minutes and found nothing relating to what I am experiencing. I get the following error when trying to take pictures on my HTC Hero (Sprint)

"Unable to save file to SD card due to insufficient file permissions"

I have removed and replaced the card. It will work for about 15 minutes then the same error.

I also backed up everything and formatted the card. It worked again for about 15 minutes then the same error.

Do I need a new card or is this a Hero hardware/software issue?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Well, this is when you start troubleshooting. Is the problem with the card or the phone? I would replace the card with a known working one, if it does the same thing then the problem is with the phone.

3. dino_y

dino_y New Member

any solution for this?
    i m having the same problem here

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Try formatting the card.

5. alanzer

alanzer Well-Known Member

If formatting the card does not work, try hard resetting the phone. That's what Sprint would say anyway if you took it to them.

How much space are you using on the card?

6. swizzkid

swizzkid New Member

I have the same problem with my htc desire.
    I've already reset the phone to factory settings and formatted the SD card.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    eric

7. apollomaker

apollomaker Well-Known Member

Can you tell us about the SD card you are using?
    Brand? Speed Class? Country of origin?

Also, does the card appear on your PC as an external (removable) drive with a drive letter assigned? If so, can you right-click it and view its properties?

:D

8. armina c.

armina c. New Member

Hi,
    does someone have same problem like me:)

Sometimes when I take a picture or video on my HTC Hero, save it on 8GB SD card, go back to see it, it is OK,,,but sometimes when I go back to see picture or play video I get this: invalid format of the picture or "Sorry, this video cannot be played"..I don`t know why:S.. These pictures and videos cannot be open on computer too. I checked with antivirus but it shows no viruses. What is going on? Why it is sometimes OK but sometimes it is not?

Thank you for all help

P.S. I try to format SD card it wasn`t helpful at all

9. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

You might have a corrupt microSD card. I would try taking pictures and videos on a different microSD card and see if that creates the same problem.

If it works and you do not get those errors on a different microSD card, then it was most likely a corrupt one. Give that a try and report back.

armina c. likes this.
  10. armina c.

armina c. New Member

I bought a new SD card and used it one day..it showed the same: sometimes pictures are great but sometimes cannot be open at all. Now I think that the card is not damaged. What else could be a problem?
    thank you for answering

11. LBPHeretic

It sounds like the picture and video files are not being fully written to the microSD card, so they get corrupted. Are you closing the camera app immediately after finishing a picture or video?

I know this might sound strange, but try leaving the camera app open longer to let it finish writing the picture or video to the microSD card. Sometimes slower microSD cards just cannot be written very quickly, so that could be causing the issue. I have never personally run into this issue, but I suppose it is possible. I hope this helps.

12. armina c.

armina c. New Member

I`ve tried to leave the camera app open longer to let it finish writing the picture or video to the microSD card, but it did`t work. I noticed that picture that was taken well on SD card, become invalid format after couple minutes... i don`t know what else to try..

13. LBPHeretic

Your situation is pretty weird. As a last resort, I guess I would try factory resetting your Sprint HTC Hero.

It sounds like something is just fundamentally screwed up with how it is writing those media files to your microSD card. If a factory reset does not clear it up, you might consider rooting your handset and flashing a custom ROM to see if a new flavor Android will make it work right over the stock build.

14. armina c.

armina c. New Member

I have tried factory resetting, it did not help too, problems are the same:(. I would try root my HTC but I never did that so I am afraid to make problem bigger.. Can you please send me a link how to do that , step by step, because that is only thing left to do.. thank you

15. LBPHeretic

Head on over to the root section for the Sprint HTC Hero, which is right here: Sprint Hero - All Things Root - Android Forums . ;)

Make a thread there and ask your questions about rooting. We will be glad to help you out. :)

armina c. likes this.