• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot Stop Picasa Upload!

scubab

Dec 9, 2010
Phone info:
Motorola Electrify 2.3.5 ROOTED
I need some serious help!
I have roughly 250 pictures that I decided I wanted to upload to Picasa so they could be backed up.
* I logged into Picasa via Accounts & Sync (no Picasa download necessary) and hooked up to WiFi.
* I then manually selected all of my images that I wanted to upload and let the phone do its thing.
* About 20 minutes later I checked on the progress and it said it was at 100% (in the notification bar).
* I checked on my Picasa account and saw that only 50 images had been added so I gave the phone another 20 minutes but there were no changes.

At this point I decided to try and cancel this process since it was coming time to leave work, therefore leaving the WiFi connection behind. I clicked on the notification which brought me to an 'Uploads' screen. I was able to press and hold on this and click cancel, but the notification is still ongoing (and now when it takes me to 'uploads' it's just blank), therefore I don't know if it's truly canceled.

I just want this notification gone =(

I've tried:
* Power cycling (it resumes as soon as the phone is back up and running)
* Pulling the battery and leaving it out for 20 seconds
* Checking the 'Running Services' and stopping anything that could even possibly be related (social media, gallery, data manager, etc)
* Putting the phone in airplane mode (also killing the connection with Juice Defender)
* Removing (and readding after that failed) my Picasa account
* Checking the task manager with System Tuner Pro

Nothing is working and now this is going onto about 2-3 hours without any change.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I'd more than willing to provide screen shots or any information needed.

Thanks!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones