• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't access certain sites via wifi

andy517

May 27, 2012
Hello everyone, I really need a help here.

I was on a MIUI GB ROM and bought a wifi router Tplink WR74ON. After a few days I could not access google.com, bing.com, ask.com... and YT behaved strangely. But I could access czech domains and "anything.google.com", which leads to google.com/anything, so no help. Oh and the Play store had no connection. Google.cz works until I perform a search... then No connection !instantly again.Yahoo and a lot of smaller sites work. I tried stock browser and Opera mobile.

So I flashed MIUI Scotland 4.0.4 and after a few hours the problem is here again. Restart of anything does not help, on notebook there is no problem and the router is set out of the box, no special settings of any kind. It pings google.com with no problem. And I can access google.via IP address.

If anyone has any idea.... thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones