Can't Assign Ringtones to Individual contacts on Galaxy SSupport

1. AnthonyX

AnthonyX New Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and I have enjoyed reading the post. I have a real problem which I know will pick rack your brains. It has been racking my brain for hours and I can't seem to find an answer online. So I am coming to this forum for help. Here it is

I just got a S Galxy S, transferred my numbers from old Sims card to new phone, at least I thought. Well I tried to assign ringtones to a few contact on my phone
    there was not ringtone feature when i went into the edit properties in contacts

This is what I did
    On the Main Home Screen Pressed the contacts icon.
    > selected desired contact where you to set and assign a desired ringtone.
    > went to menu
    > Tap Edit.
    > Tap Ringtone. this feature was not listed. could not find it anywhere. I was baffled.

I read some obscure post that integrating google mail and importing your contacts from google will affect ringtone feature. I don't know how true it is but I have synced my gmail and gvoice to phone

SUMMARY

in my SG S phone in individual contacts edit properties, there is NO Ringtone feature to change/add ringtone. I don't understand. HEEEELP.

Tony:mad:

Advertisement
  2. tshirtmom

tshirtmom New Member

i had a similar problem a while back when I lost all my contacts. Select Contacts, select Menu, select More, select Settings, Choose "Save new contacts to" and choose Phone. This gives you all options for saving your contacts.