• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant change original country network location

maxxxou

Lurker
Jun 22, 2014
Hi everyone !

I just bought a Nexus 5 at the airport , however now in my countr I still see the two letter initials from the country next to my network name.

I look like this on the Home screen :

CH mynetworkname

While CH is he country i bought the phone from ( swistzerland) and the Orange is my network name in my actual country.

However I wanna change that CH, i already activated locations settings it doeesnt change it.

What can i do ?

Thank you for your help

Hi there and welcome to the forums! I am trying to make sure I understand exactly what you are saying. Are you saying that there is a country code before your cell network's name in all the places that the network name is? If so, is it both on the bottom of the lock screen and the same way in quick settings, where it shows your network?

Upvote 0
Hi thank you for your support

It is showing CH/MyNetworkName when i lock the screen just on the top of 'EMERGENCY CALL" as well as when i slide from the top to get to the shortcuts buttons. It shows there CH/MyNetworkName.

I know for France, it would shows FR or for United Kingdom UK. But it doesnt show...

I am for from the country it is not possible i am still on there network :)

Where can I change that ?

Upvote 0

Thanks a lot i will do it today, i am sure it will work. However since I am not a fanatic of close sources apps =). I was wondering maybe is it just a file or an hexadecimal entry to change in some android config file - once the device is rooted - in order to change the region ? /etc/locale or something like that, idk...

I think I ll have to learn more about the developer part of android, i was a little suprise to see what the play store apps does on your phone :-/

Anyway, beside the fact that it is not nice to have the CH, is it really taking me away some advantages or it doesnt matter ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones