• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't connect to Kies

Blibby

Lurker
May 19, 2012
I updated Kies today and thought it'd be all better but its not. Every time I connect it says "connecting" for ages and just doesn't connect. The only time I can connect is when the phone is locked and I can't do anything on Kies, it says unlock the phone, so I unlock the phone and it goes back to saying "connecting" forever...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated, getting on my nerves a bit now!

Blibby, I had the same problem. I have the Samsung Galaxy Note and I've been looking for a solution for about a month now and I just came across the answer. But I need to verify if it's the exact same problem (as there are different solutions to different problems). If your phone does not show up in My Computer (this was my problem) then go into your phone, open up applications, go into development mode (unplug your phone from your computer), enable usb debugging mode, plug your phone back in, the drivers should try to update/repair/install. Allow them to install(some of my mine did not install but it still works fine). Unplug your phone, disable usb debugging mode, and plug your phone into your computer again. It should detect it. Try connecting to Kies(it worked for me). If it still does not connect (it's a different problem from mine but I still know how to fix it), uninstall kies, download a new install and install it. It should work. If it did, can you help me and find every post related to this and repost this so that others don't have to flip out? Thanks and I really hoped this helped (I know how it feels when you can't fix a problem and there is no help).

Upvote 0
Cheeziboi9, thank you for your response. Very useful for me.

I believe its a combination of two things. I installed Wondershares alternative app and struggled to get to view all things on the phone. What I did was:
1. Go to Settings - Developer Options - Disable USB debugging mode, and Revoke all current certified machines.
2. Uninstall Wondershare.

When I completed the first step, I ran Kies and it would not connect to the phone. (Kept searching for it). Once I uninstalled Wondershare, I ran Kies and its come up fine.

So people, if you are experiencing problems with Kies, disable USB debugging and make sure Kies is the only application that will talk to your phone. (I'm sure you can test by reinstalling each other application and then making sure Kies still runs.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones