• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't copy tasker apk to system/apps using root explorer

marlonbrando

Jun 13, 2010
Hi,

I've been following peoples posts on how to convert apps to system apps. I'm trying to get tasker to work with enabling gps, and people have mentioned converting to a system app would do the trick.

I bought root explorer
copied net.dinglisch.android.taskerm-2.apk from /data/apk
enabled rw access on system/app
pasted
but nothing is copied over?

I have tried numerous times and it doesn't copy anything over even though it briefly shows the copy progress bar.

Any thoughts?

Have you tried doing it using ADB? When I had to install Market to System, it only worked via ADB. You have to mount System as rw. I assume you know how to do that and that is what you mean in your 3rd step?

Also, it's worth double checking, if you did remount System, that it *was* System and not a different device. It varies per phone, and if you followed someone else's instructions it could have been the wrong one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones