• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't crop wallpaper horizontally anymore, only vertically!

upeksha

Lurker
Feb 8, 2012
For some reason, my samsung Galaxy s2 will only let me crop my wallpaper in a 400 x 540 ish resolution (instead of the 960x800 or whatever horizontally cropped resolution it used to). The way it crops it would be perfect if i wanted to not have the wallpaper scroll, but unfortunately after the crop the phone still scrolls the wallpaper as before, making the resolution horrible. is anyone else having this problem?

i'm currently using wallpapyrus and wallpaper wizardwrii to fix it but i'd like to get back to the original setting without having to wipe the device if possible.

What I did was upload the photo I wanted to my picasa account. Then in the browser I went to my picasaweb and found that picture clicked on it and set to background. Now it didn't allow to to adjust the pic, but it selected as much as it could for the space given. So far this seems to be the best way to do it without extra apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones