• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't download from App market

Monachos

Oct 31, 2009
Yesterday I installed the latest ROM for my hero and today I noticed that I can't download from the App market. While I can access the market and mark apps for download, I noticed that the downloads never start. It just remains in the state of "Starting download". It's not an internet connection issue as I can browse the internet through wifi. Any idea?

I'm experiencing the same problem

Brand new Devices out of the box - 4 of them.

Voice works Fine - Data works fine for Email & Web. Browsing the app market is fine but when download and install selected the download hangs/ques but never is downloaded.

I've tried swapping SIMs, provisioning of the Data Plan is fine from the Providers end, wifi, full reset, battery pulls.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
My brother just got a new hero and was having the same problem and we did all the factory resetting, using different sims, but i got it working by actually taking the battery out counting ten seconds and putting it back in. You have to make sure there is a google account set up though.

So give it a try, it may or may not work.

Upvote 0
Hi rizzla.

Strangely your trick worked! (I'd tried simple off and on before with no luck.)

I managed to reinstall most of my previous apps.

Funnily the prob has come back again (one app won't install). When I have a moment I'll see if the battery trick works again..

Cheers for the tip!

swissroll

are you signed into google voice on your phone? signing out or closing this app has been known to cause the problem you are facing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones