Can't download from App market

Last Updated:

1. Monachos

Monachos Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday I installed the latest ROM for my hero and today I noticed that I can't download from the App market. While I can access the market and mark apps for download, I noticed that the downloads never start. It just remains in the state of "Starting download". It's not an internet connection issue as I can browse the internet through wifi. Any idea?

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I'd poke around in the settrings (both the general settings and the Marketplace settings). If that doesnt work, which to be honest, it probably wont, I'd try reflashing the update, perhaps confirm the it downloaded intact before hand.

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

If you've just updated the ROM, did you remember to reconfigure your Google account details on the handset?

4. marka971

marka971 Member

I have the same problem. I just reset the phone to factory settings and logged in to my google account. Surfing the web and the market work fine using both 3G and Wifi, but I cannot download anything from market. I have tried twice to reset the phone, didn't help. What should I do?

Markus

5. talltad

talltad New Member

I'm experiencing the same problem

Brand new Devices out of the box - 4 of them.

Voice works Fine - Data works fine for Email & Web. Browsing the app market is fine but when download and install selected the download hangs/ques but never is downloaded.

I've tried swapping SIMs, provisioning of the Data Plan is fine from the Providers end, wifi, full reset, battery pulls.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6. swissroll

swissroll New Member

Hi.

Exactly the same problem here. Seems pretty general...

swissroll

7. rizzla

rizzla Well-Known Member

My brother just got a new hero and was having the same problem and we did all the factory resetting, using different sims, but i got it working by actually taking the battery out counting ten seconds and putting it back in. You have to make sure there is a google account set up though.

So give it a try, it may or may not work.

8. reza

reza Active Member

Hi
    Exact same problem,i tried to fix it in several way with no success,the only solution i found is:
    I choose many (sometimes 7-8 or more) apps that i want to have at once,then i turn hero off,when i turn it on again it starts to download those apps one by one!

9. swissroll

swissroll New Member

Hi rizzla.

Strangely your trick worked! (I'd tried simple off and on before with no luck.)

I managed to reinstall most of my previous apps.

Funnily the prob has come back again (one app won't install). When I have a moment I'll see if the battery trick works again..

Cheers for the tip!

swissroll

10. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

are you signed into google voice on your phone? signing out or closing this app has been known to cause the problem you are facing.

11. monkegeo

monkegeo Active Member

I had this problem and noticed that my clock was wrong. Set the clock to Automatic date and time and all is now well.