• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't drag app icons, phone menu always on right, other stupid crap

cbmanica

Lurker
Jul 14, 2012
Disclaimer: I am SUPER frustrated and am about ready to stomp on my HTC Incredible 2 and just get an iPhone because this is ridiculous. I don't want to hate Google/HTC with a murderous rage, but I do :mad:

So a month or two ago, HTC or Google decided to push some mandatory update to my phone - I didn't pay attention to what it was, I was busy at work and SHOCKER I wanted to USE my phone instead of go through minor pointless update frippery, so I just wanted it to get through its mandatory idiocy as quickly as possible. Since this update, after which I am on Android 2.3.4 and Sense 2.1, the home screen menu with the phone/all apps/customize buttons on it has always been on the right, as though I'm in landscape mode. This struck me as odd at the time. Now, today, I find that I can't drag to rearrange app icons. Oh, I can drag them between screens, but I can't place them anywhere except the top row or the trash can. Wtf, wtf, wtf. WTF! What on EARTH could be the cause of this, and how can I fix it so I can, like, not scroll through every single app every time I want to use my phone for something other than a really expensive device to make calls with?

P.S. Do NOT tell me to root my phone, I shouldn't have to root my phone to get it to do completely normal things.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones