• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't get drivers downloaded to my computer?

VyCariously

Lurker
Jun 14, 2012
I just got a Discover for my son, as his other phone is dying. I'm hoping to be able to root it in the next few days so that I can remove the AT&T bloatware (we use Straight Talk). I can't seem to get the USB drivers for the phone, though, and I'm not sure what's going on. I tried the PC Suite for the Crossover that was linked to in another thread, but when I open it the software doesn't recognize the phone being connected at all.
This phone doesn't seem to have much support, and I feel I've exhausted my options on Google...anyone have any ideas where I can get the drivers?
Thank you!

It's been a while since I checked on Pantech USA | Pantech Mobile - A New Way To Stay Connected.... but I don't remember the PC Suite supporting the Discover.

I know it doesn't help, but I remember simply connecting my Discover to my laptop via a USB cable, and it worked.

Under the FAQ, it says that only Windows XP SP3 and higher are supported. What OS are you using? I think I had better luck with XP than with Windows 7 Enterprise.

Good luck! :dontknow:

Upvote 0
I've been having nothing but problems with this phone since I got it. I had hoped to root it to remove the bloatware, but I can't do that without the drivers. I gave up on that thought and just told my son (who's phone it is) to ignore the AT&T stuff because it's worthless on the Straight Talk service.
He now tells me that he can't get the GPS to work (I tried, it won't even find current location most of the time, and gives inaccurate directions without voice when you can get it working). It won't open photos in any application (Facebook, Twitter, etc). It hangs up when trying to dial, and sometimes just stops dialing so that he has to start over again.
I'm really disappointed, I wanted to love this phone. I bought it new (supposedly) from an ebay seller. It appears to have been new, also, with all of the packaging and it didn't look like it had just been cleverly repackaged. I fear I am going to have to shell out money on a new phone, just after I ordered a nice case for this one.

Upvote 0
I too have had many problems with this phone. I had to get a new one shipped to get the upgrade, but even after the upgrade my computer still cannot detect the Discover. I have now switched back to a Samsung phone. It is a shame, as this phone has great potential. PANTECH still has a lot of catching up to do in the smartphone arena.

Good luck everyone with your Discover phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones