• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cant get into clockwork recovery

New Rising

Android Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2011
I've been rooted on my droid x and have been running on liberty 3x-2.0 gold for a few days now and i just installed a theme last night. everything's been going fine until just about an hour ago. My phone started freezing up and i couldn't do anything, I tried rebooting but now it just gets stuck at the M logo. I have a back up made but I am unable to get into clockwork recovery or stock recovery. At one point i was able to get the phone going but the bottom 4 buttons weren't working and i tried to reboot in recovery but just got stuck at the M logo again. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I've been rooted on my droid x and have been running on liberty 3x-2.0 gold for a few days now and i just installed a theme last night. everything's been going fine until just about an hour ago. My phone started freezing up and i couldn't do anything, I tried rebooting but now it just gets stuck at the M logo. I have a back up made but I am unable to get into clockwork recovery or stock recovery. At one point i was able to get the phone going but the bottom 4 buttons weren't working and i tried to reboot in recovery but just got stuck at the M logo again. Any suggestions?

Thanks

First thing I always do to try to get into CWR is to power off the phone, plug it in, then power it on.

Upvote 0
I think Im gonna have to sbf it, I downloaded the sbf file rsd lite one but when i tried to open the rsd light file it said would you like internet explorer to open this with a correct program or manually choose one. I can't remember excactly what it said, i only tried for a minute because it was late. How do i correctly open the rsd lite so i can flash the sbf file?

Upvote 0
I think Im gonna have to sbf it, I downloaded the sbf file rsd lite one but when i tried to open the rsd light file it said would you like internet explorer to open this with a correct program or manually choose one. I can't remember excactly what it said, i only tried for a minute because it was late. How do i correctly open the rsd lite so i can flash the sbf file?

Did you download both the sbf file and RSD Lite? Your post is a little unclear about that.

At the top of this forum is a very clear guide to sbf your Droid X:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ad-602-sbf-root-process-updated-9-9-11-a.html

Upvote 0
Did you download both the sbf file and RSD Lite? Your post is a little unclear about that.

At the top of this forum is a very clear guide to sbf your Droid X:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ad-602-sbf-root-process-updated-9-9-11-a.html

I downloaded the sbf file and i've downloaded the rsd lite file. Only when i go to open the rsd lite file i am unable to because it asks would i like for internet explorer to find a program to open it with or to manually choose one. I actually was just able to get into stock recovery and wipe the cache and do a factory reset. Im at the beginning of the setup to touch the green android guy. I think the problem im having is because the theme i downloaded, anything i can do from here so i dont have to sbf it?

Upvote 0
Reactions: New Rising
Upvote 0
I was bricked in a sense, I couldn't get into clockwork at all. I was occasionally able to get into stock recovery but even then i couldnt get the damn volume rocker to toggle down to wipe data and cache. It was stuck at the reboot option. I downloaded that bootable linux cd and was finally able to revert back to stock. I could not for the life of me figure out how to do it the other way.

Upvote 0
I was bricked in a sense, I couldn't get into clockwork at all. I was occasionally able to get into stock recovery but even then i couldnt get the damn volume rocker to toggle down to wipe data and cache. It was stuck at the reboot option. I downloaded that bootable linux cd and was finally able to revert back to stock. I could not for the life of me figure out how to do it the other way.

Hmmm....couldn't even move up and down in recovery huh? Sounds scary :eek:

Glad you finally got yourself back to stock!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones