1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

can't install backed up apk

1. jimsilverlock

jimsilverlock New Member

I'm having a problem with re installing backed up apk's - I get to the android screen saying 'do you want to install this application' at the bottom of the screen there is two buttons - the right says 'cancel' and the left says 'install' when I click on the install button it just wont press like it is frozen, although the cancel button works fine. I'm sure this is probably a really simple setting problem but I can't for the life of me work it out, can anyone help with this please?

Advertisement
  2. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

What did you use to backup these apps with?
  3. jimsilverlock

jimsilverlock New Member

I used 'clickfree' and also 'app backup and restore' I think the problem is broader than this though as I tried to install swiftkey flow beta the other night and got the same screen (which I think is an indigenous android menu) which wouldn't let me click the install button, this has also happened when I have tried to download icon sets. I have allowed installation from unknown sources in the global settings.

I'm stuck, your help is much appreciated.

Jim
  4. jimsilverlock

jimsilverlock New Member

I finally have worked out the problem - I have 'screen filter' installed, when I have the shade on the install button won't work, solution is to turn the screen shade off and screen brightness on full. Conclusion = must be a bug with screen filter.