• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't play youtube videos on android box

2mnycars

Lurker
Nov 2, 2010
We've had an android box for years, and use it with a Sharp tv.

Now I can't key on the Youtube app to show videos from that site.

The App was last updated Sept 2022.

I'm concerned.

How do I fix it?

DaveL

edit: I apologize if I've posted in the wrong spot. I joined a long time ago when I bought an android tablet that i shouldn't have....I searched but didn't find posts that would answer my question.

Last edited:
The YouTube app got a major update in October of 2022, enough to break compatibility with many Blu-Ray disc players and the Nintendo Wii-U. I bet it broke compatibility with your box. If your box has a browser, you can use that to go to YouTube and watch YouTube that way, and this method even works on the very first Android device, the HTC Dream.

Reactions: 2mnycars
Upvote 0
Hi. So if you still have this problem u can (for the YouTube app) try clearing the app cache or uninstalling and reinstalling it. Also, check if your Android box's firmware is up-to-date. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to the manufacturer's support or exploring forums for your specific Android box model.

Reactions: legas
Upvote 0
Hi. So if you still have this problem u can (for the YouTube app) try clearing the app cache or uninstalling and reinstalling it. Also, check if your Android box's firmware is up-to-date. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to the manufacturer's support or exploring forums for your specific Android box model.
Thanks for this info! I was going to call onn electronics customer service because I have a similar issue and I didn't find the solution. But I'll try the suggested way out first. Again, it is better to learn from the experience of others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones