• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't Root My Phone

KSIXephos938

Mar 30, 2015
Okay so here's the situation, I've rooted many time before and I've even rooted on my Nexus 6 once, but I am now having trouble installing superSU onto my device.

I've tried flashing a new factory image, factory reseting and then flashing twrp v.2.8.7.1 to get a clean slate. However every time I try to install superSU v.2.4.6 from twrp, it comes up with a done! message, but puts my phone on a bootloop, never getting past the 4 google circles.

Is there something wrong with my method to attain root? I've tried installing franco kernel r38 and that works perfectly on my device.

I've also downloaded at least 5 copies of superSU in remove download errors and I installed superSU v.2.5.2 to no avail.

My phone works perfectly without me installing superSU so I assume the problem lies in the download process?

Any help would be appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones