• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't turn off cloud animation in update 2.3.4

I was rooted. But could not get the 2.3.4 updated. I unrooted, wiped phone and then did manual update to 2.3.4. But now it displays clouds all the time at screen unlock and when coming out of on screen keyboard.

I tried clicking off show full screen animation on the HTC clock at setup time. I do not even use that clock.

I also select menu settings display animations, "no window animations are shown"

And have rebooted. But every time I screen unlock or every time I get out of the on screen keyboard it displays the clouds. It is a real pain.
It also interferes with entering passwords on some web pages.

What is causing it and how can I get it to stop?

I normally do not use HTC clock. I use Sense analog clock instead.

How can I disable these clouds from taking over the screen?

The unlock is ok as a quick touch wipes it out but trying that with the keyboard screws it up.

I figured it out.
I had another application called "weather widget forecast addon".

In it's settings there are several boxes you can check. The one causing the issue was called "Addon setting" "unlock annimation Start animation when the screen is unlocked".

Unchecking it immediately fixes the problems. Did not have to reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones