• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cant turn your phone off app

TheRisky

Jan 2, 2012
Hi!
i was recently a victim to phone theft.It got lost, i tried to call it and it was switched off and later declared stolen.And thus concludes the story on how my Galaxy nexus went missing.

But im planning to but a nexus 4 this month and my first thought was security.

So my question to you guys is:is there a phone app that prevents you to turn off your phone right at the lock screen?

Picture this moment.
When your phone gets lost/stolen, you immediantly try to call it from a friends phone to locate it, maybe its hidden behind a sofa or something, you find it and your back in business.IF however it is stolen, the first thought of a thief is to switch it off, so you can't call it and locate it.
So an app is needed to prevent it from being shutdown right before you enter your patern/password.
So lets say your phone is at...50% battery and its stolen, you immedantly try to find it trough a locator app, you find it and tell the police for fun "o hey, my phone got stolen, but i found the guy, he's at that adress.go get him and your phone gets returned.

This app would work ideally with phones that have built-in battery, so the thief cant shut down the mobile by manually(like the nexus 4 im getting).

So my question again to you guys is:is there a phone app that prevents you to turn off your phone right at the lock screen?

Yeah, as barry said.. i live in quite a shady place and i have some shady friends/acquaintances lol and from the very beginning of people having mobile phones, the first thing a phone thief does is pull the battery and throw the sim away :thumbup:

EDIT i suppose.. a lot of phones now have non removable batteries (including the Nexus) so yeah its a good idea op :beer:

Upvote 0
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
+1 for Cerberus! That is what I use. My favorite part is you can hide the app from the app drawer so if someone were to look to uninstall your tracking software - they won't even know it exists.

Also, from my test of Lookout, avast, avg, etc. NONE of them track more accurately than Cerberus.

But then again, no tracking works without power.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones