• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't type on facebook.com w/predictive text enabled.

Penticton

Lurker
Aug 23, 2017
I've been having this ongoing problem with FACEBOOK and PREDICTIVE TEXT being enabled. It happens when I'm typing in a Facebook comments box, both a new comment and a reply to someone else's comment or typing out a status update or new post to my timeline.
If my predictive text is turned on, which is the way I want it, and probably most people do too, I can't type in the above mentioned areas on Facebook.com.
I start to type a word, like I'll pick a word for this example, say, DOORBELL.
It lets me type out the word, but as soon as I get to the end of typing DOORBELL and I hit the space bar to start the next word, it erases the word and the cursor goes back to the second space at the beginning, not the first spot like you'd expect, go figure.
I've found that if I want to type with predictive text enabled I have to select the word I've just typed from the predictive selections above the keyboard or tap the ✔ checkmark in the predictive text bar to make the word stick/stay, then I can go onto typing the next word in my sentence, but I have to do those steps I said above for EVERY word I type if I want them to stick!
Sooooo tedious just to have spell checking and predictive text working!

This only happens while using a DESKTOP user agent string/mode, its not prevalent while a MOBILE user agent string is enabled.

I would prefer to use a desktop mode/useragent string not a mobile mode useragent string.
If anyone knows anything about this issue where having PREDICTIVE TEXT ON, using a DESKTOP MODE/USERAGENT STRING and not being able to effectively type a comment or message anywhere on Facebook.com please shoot me a message, I'll respond in a timely manner!
If you prefer, I can also be reached by email at: pentictonREMOVETHIS@email.com

Thanks very much for your time and I look forward to corresponding with you!

Specifications:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 SM-T330NU
Android 4.4.2 Build KOT49HT330NUUEU1AND4

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones