• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't unlock tablet after boot

Sean Regard

Lurker
Oct 22, 2015
My android tablet (Asus Transformer Infinity Pad TF700t) ran out of power whilst I was using it, causing it to turn off. I plugged it in to charge, waited a good 30 seconds for it to charge enough to use whilst plugged in, and turned it back on. Android boot logo appeared, powered by NVidia, etc, Asus animated logo, then the screen went dimmer, returning to the low brightness I typically use it at, as expected.
Then the lock screen, no background wallpaper, just black, appeared for a moment and was gone. 30 odd seconds later, it came back, and was gone again just as quickly as the first time. This is still repeating.

Of note:
1. I've turned it off and on again, soft and hard, multiple times. Problem persists.
2. Whilst flickering sometimes I will have touch control. No actions are register for those brief moments, however the developer tools' finger tracking (white glowing dot) picks me up. Then I lose control.

Please help, I can't find any posts similar to this.

Version is Jelly bean 4.1 if that's of any help. Unrooted, very few background processes running, was just watching twitch streams and browsing reddit.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to our AndroidForums, Sean :).

I think your tablet is shutting itself down because there's not enough power in the battery.

Your device actually runs off of the battery and not directly from the power cable.

Give it a good long charge (several hours) and see if that keeps it up and stable.

Also, if you'd like, I can move your thread over to our Asus Transformer Infinity Pad TF700t area for you--lemme know :).

Upvote 0
Welcome to our AndroidForums, Sean :).

I think your tablet is shutting itself down because there's not enough power in the battery.

Your device actually runs off of the battery and not directly from the power cable.

Give it a good long charge (several hours) and see if that keeps it up and stable.

Also, if you'd like, I can move your thread over to our Asus Transformer Infinity Pad TF700t area for you--lemme know :).

Hi, I know what you are talking about, it happens quite often and I know what it looks like. When this is the case, in the exact circumstances I specified lead up to my current problem, turning my tablet on whilst out of power even though it is connected always results in the lock screen loading properly, though briefly, and the traditional dialog appears to tell me that the tablet is shutting down. This actually happens often enough that I always give it at least a short while to accumulate enough charge before turning it back on. In this case the lock screen did not load properly, but whilst I had it plugged in and was trouble shooting what I could, the batter percentage clearly showed 7% at one point during its flickering; easily enough to run on.
That being said, my current tactic is to leave it on ,doing its thing until it runs completely out and shuts down, then leave it charging for awhile undisturbed. It is currently charging.
We'll see what happens.

If you think it will help get support, please move the thread wherever you feel is best :)

Upvote 0
UPDATE: Letting the device drain completely of power and recharge fully, undisturbed, did not work. Problem persists.

New plan is to leave it flickering, on charge, for the while day and see if it resolves itself.

When I get home in 12 hours I'll consider flashing the device if people could walk me through what to do for this device specifically :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones