• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't upgrade

Hi Guys :
i rooted my htc incredible s ... and update my software to ics ... i had some problems so i turned back to 2.3 ..... !
then i recived the update 3 honey comb .... but while it installing it stopped with a white tringle and blue android log !! .... so wt can i do .... is it from s-off or something else .......
waiting 4 ur help and thnx

Hi Guys :
i rooted my htc incredible s ... and update my software to ics ... i had some problems so i turned back to 2.3 ..... !
then i recived the update 3 honey comb .... but while it installing it stopped with a white tringle and blue android log !! .... so wt can i do .... is it from s-off or something else .......
waiting 4 ur help and thnx

There was no honey comb update for the IncS, so I don't know what you were trying to flash?

If you rooted your phone and installed a custom recovery, then that it going to prevent you from receiving and installing any OTA update that HTC sends you.

You need to reboot into FASTBOOT USB mode and reflash your recovery and then you can either restore your nandroid backup or flash a custom ROM

Reactions: Daemon Raiam
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones