• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't use ringtones downloaded from browser

sturdjohn

Lurker
Apr 18, 2010
Hello, I am using an Android and I have downloaded several midi files using xscope, but I can't figure out how to make them my ringtone. I use ringroid to organize my ringtones, but I can't get the files I downloaded through scope to show up in ringroid. I know it is a stupid question, but I'm not phone savvy so if anyone knows how to move these downloads to the proper location to use as ringtones I would appreciate it if you could tell me how. Thank you!

Ok, you can probably download Astro file manager and locate and move them, or grab the app tone picker and it should do what you need it to.
But if you use the Astro method, make a new sub folder in the root of your SD card and name it ringtones, copy all the ringtones you want to use in that folder.
But honestly , I think tone picker is the easiest way to go.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Hello, I am using an Android and I have downloaded several midi files using xscope, but I can't figure out how to make them my ringtone. I use ringroid to organize my ringtones, but I can't get the files I downloaded through scope to show up in ringroid. I know it is a stupid question, but I'm not phone savvy so if anyone knows how to move these downloads to the proper location to use as ringtones I would appreciate it if you could tell me how. Thank you!

Go to the market and download Ringdroid.

It'll allow you to choose any audio file on your phone, and make it a ringtone or notification tone. You don't need to go searching for a particular file. It does all the searching for you.

Sent from my Cliq XT using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones