Cappy Troubles

Last Updated:

1. sikpuppy8099

sikpuppy8099 Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my cappy for about 2 weeks now, and have messed with it alot. using different apps etc. I dont have the gps troubles the lagging issues the syncing problems or it just randomly turning itself off. Or even the battery getting hot.

The problem I'm having is that I cannot send a picture text and havent been able to since I've had it, called the customer care line, nadda they dont know what the prob is, infact i have called them a couple different times, I do know that they dont know what the phones are capible of though, had one tell me today that well since you are using the phone to make a call, you cant be on the interenet at the same time. I asked the person but I thought that was one of the things AT&T was always bragging about! boy did that shut her up real quick lol. Anyway, she talked to a guy in tech support about the issue and they didnt even know a problem existed with not being able to send sms/picture msg's.

Has anybody found a work around for this problem?

Advertisement
  2. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

Are you in Edge? Read this

3. Simba501

Oh, and read this too...lol

4. sikpuppy8099

I tried adujusting the camera settings down to the lowest settings there are. They are all just sitting there saying sending....... Could it possilbly be a sim card issue? This is my first smartphone that I have owned, so I'm just throwing an idea out there.

5. Simba501

Hmm, possibly. Try calling AT&T to verify that all your account information is correct (right data plan, imei number matches what they have in their system) and inform them of the issue.

6. sikpuppy8099

Well I took the phone back to the store, and they swapped out out my sim card. Didnt do a thing to help with the mms messages not sending. They tried another phone with my sim card and that phone did the same thing. So I called customer care yet again about this issue and finally got ahold of someone who knew what was going on and was transferred to tech support. They did a update to the phone, still nothing. They had me do another test of dialing a number to further unlock the phone to see more settings. Apperantly my phone was missing some very important software information that would allow mms messages to be sent. So I took it back got another Captivate and I didnt leave the store untill I knew that the new phone would send a mms msg. It took about 3 min for it to send by whooo hoooo Im finally able to send them!!