• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Captivate Battery

Hey everyone,

I'm on a Captivate I've had since July. Rooted with Z4, Perception ROM, and Voodoo Lag Fix. I've been having battery issues since I got it pretty much. Tried SetCPU for overclocking, running JuiceDefender with UltimateJuice, and have tried different task killers and auto killers. Still no luck. On a very good day, I'll get eight to 10 hours on mid-high use. Not anything too big, pretty much just texting. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for extending it anymore or any different tweeks they've done. I have GPS off, no live wallpaper, brightness all the way down, and only auto-sync on for my Gmail.

Thanks.

if youre running perception 10, that was released last night, then overclocking has been disabled. it is not needed and it does kill battery also. also i would check the refresh rates on email accounts, i have most of mine updating once a day but a few are less than that. i can get through 2 days on my battery with little use and i never use task killers either.

Upvote 0
If you're interested in trying a different ROM you could give Phoenix a try. I'm still using v1 (not 1.5), and my battery life has been STELLAR. I've ben unplugged for 20 hours and still have 64% left after an overnight and moderate use at work:
snap20110103_193546.png

Upvote 0
I'm still on Perception 9. Although I might switch over now that 10 was released. I've had 9 for like four days and I really like it. Since I flashed it, I haven't run any overclocking or task killers. I've been manually going in and killing tasks about every hour. I tried out "SuperPower" yesterday from XDA. It's a great idea, but still a little too much of a beta. I'm guessing that Phoenix is 2.2?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones