• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Carrier IQ (CIQ) Removal - Prevail

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have tried to find a how-to or a script to completely remove CIQ from my phone. I have pieced together allot on my own, but from allot of post I am seeing I may have incomplete information, and therefor may have missed a few key elements. I hope someone can fill me in on the rest, if there is anymore to do. Here is what I have so far:

I am running stock (rooted of course). I do not like how the different mods remove the talk-to-text and swype and/or other features I like to use.

I used the following commands in terminal to remove the CIQ files I was able to find:

$ su
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffsw /dev/block/mtdblk3 /system
# rm /system/bin/iqmsd
# rm /system/libiq_client.so
# rm /system/libiq_service.so

I am sure there is more to it than this, as blooddawn states that there is "allot of shit" you have to do. He also states just to use his script, however, the only one I could find is for shabbymod only. I liked CTmod except that I could not get the talk-to-text or swype working on it. I found a work around for swype, but not talk-to-text.

Supposedly the FA19 OTA update removes CiQ. If that's not enough for you or you would like to use CTMod Swype and talk-to-text work fine on it if you use the swype beta Swype | Text Input for Screens It's pretty easy to get installed and works fine for me on CTMod 2.5

As far as using Bloodawn's script if you want to know what it does just open it in a text editor. Of course the script doesn't remove ALL traces of CiQ as the files that are compiled into the kernel can't be removed by a script. GL to you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones