1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Carrier name change?

1. BiHFSA

BiHFSA Active Member

I like to have my name instead of the carrier name on the notification bar and lock screen. Is there a way to do it with this phone?

Advertisement
  2. animejoe69

animejoe69 Well-Known Member

that would be cool!
    somebody please tell use how!
  3. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

Requires decompiling jar files in framework and editing smali. Some of the devs I've worked with know the exact procedure. But that's the basic idea of how its done
  4. BiHFSA

BiHFSA Active Member

Yeah I remember having to mess with the System UI and Framework res on the transform to get it done, but that required me to flash. There is no recovery on this phone yet, do you know anyone who knows a way to do it without needing recovery?
  5. ffamole99

ffamole99 Member

go to menu > settings > security > owner info .. you should be able to put anything you want in that field ... I put my name there and it shows under the date on the lock screen ... hope this helps!