Carrier Unlock Network Problem

1. frazerh

frazerh Member

I've recently unlocked my HTC Wildfire S from its Vodafone carrier to Tesco Mobile, now I can't access the internet via the Mobile Network, it doesn't give an error code or anything it just won't connect, I'm guessing its still looking for Vodafone, can anyone help me with this please?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

I had a similar problem when I unlocked my (Orange) Wildfire S and put a GT Mobile SIM in.. I called GT Mobile's helpline and they sent the settings to the phone. I guess Tesco would do the same.
    Hadron likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

It's probably the APN settings need updating. This is in the wireless and network settings menu. You should, as has been said, be able to get them from your carrier, and could probably find them on the web (usually somewhere on the carrier's website, for example).
  4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Try this out:

frazerh likes this.
  5. frazerh

frazerh Member

Did you have to change the settings manually or did they send it straight to your phone?
    I don't see any options to change any of this info, theres one called apn but it just brings up a blank screen titled apn.
  6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I imagine if you call your service provider they could offer you a step by step guide.
  7. frazerh

frazerh Member

I found out how to add an apn and used the settings you gave me previously and everything works fine now thanks, I forgot to mention I couldn't do MMS either but now that sorted too. :D