• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Case ideas besidies Seidio???

monsterenergy22

Android Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2009
sosquad.net
So far I have been quite unhappy with my Seidio Innocase for my droid. I have the Sapphire blue case, but have gone through about 5 of them through RMA's. My top half of the case always seems to progresively get looser and looser has time goes on. They have shipped me brand new cases that are supposed to fit better then the old ones. They always start off nice and tight, but slowly get looser and looser. Anyone else having trouble with this? Im tempted now to completely return it all together because RMA's are a real pain!

So anyone have any suggestions for a different case that they love for their phone? I have tried the plastic hard shells from Verizon but those were terrible, other then that I am open to suggestions! Thanks!

do you guys sell it at your stores?

also is it very thick? i dont want to add alot of bulk to my phone
I had one of the cases VZW sells, I got the Otterbox last week, not only is it thinner than the VZW cases, it is sturdier and much better build quality, plus I don't have any worry about the tabs that hold the case on breaking, it is by far the best case I have seen for a phone.

Upvote 0
monsterenergy22 said:
So far I have been quite unhappy with my Seidio Innocase for my droid. I have the Sapphire blue case, but have gone through about 5 of them through RMA's. My top half of the case always seems to progresively get looser and looser has time goes on. They have shipped me brand new cases that are supposed to fit better then the old ones. They always start off nice and tight, but slowly get looser and looser. Anyone else having trouble with this? Im tempted now to completely return it all together because RMA's are a real pain!

Hello,

We are sorry about your experience but we haven't had much issue with the case becoming loose on the phone. Do you have an skin or body wrap on the Droid itself?

Regards,

Upvote 0
I had an Innocase...had no problems with it at all. I just got my Otterbox case today and I'm definitely diggin it. I gave my fiance my Innocase...she had the VZW clear plastic one and could never get the damn thing off the phone to be able to dock it at home or in the car. So I gave her that one since it's easier to get off and got myself the OB. The thing I like the most about it, is all of the buttons being "raised up" now. Definitely makes it alot easier to use with the case on.

Upvote 0
I have the Otterbox and my wife has the Seido case. Her phone is noticably smaller with the Seido case and it feels better but I like the Otterbox because of the raised buttons and the fact that the jacks are covered. The back of the Otterbox is pretty slick and slides around on tables, car dash, etc. We haven't had any problems with the Seido case yet and hopefully we won't or I will be contacting them to get a replacement. My Ottorbox looks manly and my wife's Seido case looks girly (purple case). All in all I am happy with both cases.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones