• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cases for the Moment

Hi:

I've already ordered and received two horizontal belt-loop cases that were too small. The dimensions of the moment are:
4.6" x 2.34" x 0.65 inches
117 x 59 x 16.5 mm

There are a great number of retailers that are selling "Samsung Moment" cases clearly too small, i.e. 4", that will never fit the Moment without a hammer to get it it and pliers to get it out.

There are a few that theoretically might fit but the cases are just a couple of mm bigger than the Moment. I've looked at the posts on the forum but haven't seen any satisfied customers who can point to a retailer.

I've finally run across one case last night, that actually might fit, 4.75" x 2.25. It's $6.99 from Cell phone Accessories -Wholesale and Retail, Cases, Covers, Chargers and Faceplates. I'll let you all know how it works out when it arrives.

If you want to check it out, go to:
Black & Brown Horizontal cell phone cases

Then scroll down to: "Size: Long (Slider Phones) 6.99" on the right hand side.

For me cost is not a great factor. I'd be glad to pay $30 if I could only find a horizontal belt-loop case that would actually fit the Moment.

Tom

Upvote 0
Well, I found a case NOT to buy. The Naztech Private for the iphone.

Amazon.com: Naztech Prive Case for iPhone (White): Cell Phones & Service

My wife liked how it matched her purse and didn't have a belt clip so I bought it. I thought I was going to have to cut her Moment out of it! I have no idea why she decided that jamming it in there was a good idea, but at least now we know that case doesn't fit!

Upvote 0
Hi:

Check the dimensions of the advertised case against the Moment dimensions:
117 x 59 x 16.5 mm

The Moment is taller and thicker than most phones and many etailers are assuming it's not. It's fraud.

If it's a lot smaller, ask them to stop advertising the case as one for the Moment. If they don't, report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Burned twice already,

Tom

Upvote 0
isn't that kind of dumb? Buying a case made for an iphone. The dimensions are quite different even if the overall volume isn't that far off.

Best bet for cases is to go into Five Below, Target, Walmart and the like to find cheap pouch type cases that you can actually try before you buy.

Better yet, go to the 3rd party cell phone shops at malls that have a ton of cases. Find one that fits and either bargain to get it cheap or write down the model and find it online cheap. I'm all for trial and error, but only for something I know that fits, and it's just to see if I like how it fits. Which is why I can't stand the snap on cases for the Moment. They fit nice, but they offcially make it a brick.

If you are buying a generic-ish case for the Moment online, get the seller to give you the inner dimensions. If they can't provide it, don't buy it. Having that onn top of a pic of it not fitting, you have good backup to get a full refund, shipping included. Half the time they won't even want the case back because they paid 50 cents for it if not less.
Well, I found a case NOT to buy. The Naztech Private for the iphone.

Amazon.com: Naztech Prive Case for iPhone (White): Cell Phones & Service

My wife liked how it matched her purse and didn't have a belt clip so I bought it. I thought I was going to have to cut her Moment out of it! I have no idea why she decided that jamming it in there was a good idea, but at least now we know that case doesn't fit!

Upvote 0
a drop on marble with a glass screen has to be tough regardless of the case. The one question is do you want a play through type case or a pouch. If you want play through, the snap ons are probably the best bet. It keeps a raised ridge around the screen so you'd have to have it hit something raised to actually hit the screen. At worst the case breaks away from the phone with the bulk of the shock hitting the case first, and the phone might get a skid mark or two at worst. Since I'm happy with just the holster, I haven't bothered trying other snap on cases. I did see this one which seems thinner than the first round of cases that wre on ebay and amazon. It's a little more open in the front and you can tell the plastic is thinner based on the raised areas in the rear. Would still imagine it's thick enough to handle that initial impact, but keep bulk to a minimum.

Otherwise, you're looking at pouch cases which by nature are bulky unless they come out with a truly dedicated Moment case made from a thin leather or something similar. At that point, I'm just checking out pouches at the stores I mentioned above. Quick and easy to just run through a bunch and see how the fit is. There are some out there that have open corners and tend to be thin. Just have no clue if there's a right size that would fit the Moment well.

Upvote 0
Hi:

Check the dimensions of the advertised case against the Moment dimensions:
117 x 59 x 16.5 mm

The Moment is taller and thicker than most phones and many etailers are assuming it's not. It's fraud.

If it's a lot smaller, ask them to stop advertising the case as one for the Moment. If they don't, report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Burned twice already,

Tom

The dimentions are as follows:
2.5 x 1 x 4.5 inches
That is why I thought it would work. I was wrong.

isn't that kind of dumb? Buying a case made for an iphone. The dimensions are quite different even if the overall volume isn't that far off.

Best bet for cases is to go into Five Below, Target, Walmart and the like to find cheap pouch type cases that you can actually try before you buy.

Better yet, go to the 3rd party cell phone shops at malls that have a ton of cases. Find one that fits and either bargain to get it cheap or write down the model and find it online cheap. I'm all for trial and error, but only for something I know that fits, and it's just to see if I like how it fits. Which is why I can't stand the snap on cases for the Moment. They fit nice, but they offcially make it a brick.

If you are buying a generic-ish case for the Moment online, get the seller to give you the inner dimensions. If they can't provide it, don't buy it. Having that onn top of a pic of it not fitting, you have good backup to get a full refund, shipping included. Half the time they won't even want the case back because they paid 50 cents for it if not less.

Nice. Let's begin each post with some name-calling! I'll keep that in mine next time I see you post. The rest of what you wrote was very constructive, but damn, you want to piss me off to start, huh? :mad:

Upvote 0
Didn't mean to come off as harsh. Just meant it's a bit odd to expect an iphone case to fit the moment because they are just opposite in designs and dimensions. Went off on my constructive part and didn't reread the beginning. Usually that bluntness is done when replying to a similar response :)

Key thing is to check the inside dimensions of a case. Most on ebay will give that. Usually it errs on the case being too big, but the moment has very different dimensions than most other smartphone sliders that I ccouldn't really find a good match from comparing it to older phones so it seems like they're using cases meant for non sliders with a similar footprint and the thickness doesn't accommodate. The G1 seemed to come close, but I'd definitely only buy online after knowing the inner dimensions.

Upvote 0
Didn't mean to come off as harsh. Just meant it's a bit odd to expect an iphone case to fit the moment because they are just opposite in designs and dimensions. Went off on my constructive part and didn't reread the beginning. Usually that bluntness is done when replying to a similar response :)

Key thing is to check the inside dimensions of a case. Most on ebay will give that. Usually it errs on the case being too big, but the moment has very different dimensions than most other smartphone sliders that I ccouldn't really find a good match from comparing it to older phones so it seems like they're using cases meant for non sliders with a similar footprint and the thickness doesn't accommodate. The G1 seemed to come close, but I'd definitely only buy online after knowing the inner dimensions.

Ah heck, don't worry about it. I just finished my second day of classes and was grumpy. I thought that with the dimensions listed, it would fit. Now I'm trying to see if the elastic will stretch some. It's not looking hopeful.

Upvote 0
57539031-0f4ddf6b28e0d0eec18bdf7873360206.4b5111ac-full.jpg

57539183-dbdbc48e71adcac53a043d3bf1885706.4b5111d4-full.jpg

57539274-e5920708a8ba1520bf32774f3f52974c.4b5111f4-full.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi:

I got the Newyork cell phones case yesterday. 4.75" x 2.25. It's $6.99 from Cell phone Accessories -Wholesale and Retail, Cases, Covers, Chargers and Faceplates.

If you want to check it out, go to:
Black & Brown Horizontal cell phone cases

Then scroll down to: "Size: Long (Slider Phones) 6.99" on the right hand side.

It's a horizontal, belt-loop or clip case with a magnetic clip. It's easy to take the phone in or out of the case but due to the width, the magnetic flap closes about a quarter of an inch from where it should. At least it works.

Tom

Upvote 0
i bought the xentris one they sell at best buy and it fits well and looks good as well, cept for the little bit of added bulk. but today i noticed it adds a small amount of space between the slider and i'm worried this will make my slider too loose, so i took it off. do all snap on cases do this? i'm amusing so.

Upvote 0
I ordered the Amzer Hybrid Silicone Skin Jelly Case in Baby Pink on December 26th and still no case!!! I received a email from them after emailing them twice about status that they were receiving a shipment on the 18th and I would be a priority so we will see what happens.

I ordered mine in November! Now they only show the black one and it still says "ships on 1/25". WTF! I want my case! I have 2 more coming from ebay that I should receive tomorrow. We will see. I will never buy form fommy.com again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones