• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Cases from the mall

omgitswes

Apr 8, 2010
has any tried those cheap cases from the mall stands?
I did yesterday just because I was in there and got a screen protector too. I see no reason to get the seidio now and the screen protector is 10 times better than the ones I got from Verizon.

Anyone else do this or have done it in the past? How long do the cases usually last?

Too true, I was dumb and bought two packs of the screen protectors thinking the second would be better.

The only thing I've noticed so far is that the sides don't like to stay connected all the way. It's not bad for 15 bucks though, you can usually talk the person into a discount too.

Upvote 0
I think they function fine for the most part. I have a $3 one on mine to tide me over because I was originally going to get a larger extended battery. Just don't expect it to save you from heavy impacts... but I don't really expect any case to do that. Me, personally.. I don't mind getting a cheap case unless I'm looking some kind of specific feature (such as Otterbox ones coming with silicone plugs).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones