1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Casio Commando Speech To Text

1. Twisted955i

Twisted955i New Member

I find it difficult to believe that speech to text is not standard on this new phone. I'd rather not have to install Vlingo to get a "Mic" key on my keyboard. Any suggestions out there. I have rooted it I tried installing Voice.apk but that doesnt do what I want.

Thanks in advance
    Stan

Advertisement
  2. katoom400

katoom400 Well-Known Member

I believe it is native to the os, you just have to download tts from the market.
  3. t4585

t4585 New Member

It took me 3 freakin hours but finally I figured it out. You must download google voice search and also the gingerbread keyboard. The free one works fine.
  4. sljustin3287

sljustin3287 New Member

I tried downloading google voice search and the free gingerbread keyboard change my settings and still get no mic on the keyboard please help
  5. sljustin3287

sljustin3287 New Member

I've tried downloading google voice search and the free gingerbread keyboard change my settings and still no mic on key board please help
  6. y0bailey

y0bailey Well-Known Member

1) download gingerbread keyboard off market
    2) go to general phone settings, keyboard, make sure it is enabled
    3) open up message, long press on the text input area, select input method, select gingerbread keyboard. You will not get a black keyboard with the mic present.
    scapp likes this.
  7. jjack12

jjack12 New Member

what did you use to root it? I have a Gzone as well and am having difficulty with the root process.

Thanks, John
  8. eddiehill

eddiehill New Member

Superoneclick
  9. dwncttrll

dwncttrll New Member

I have been trying to figure this out since i got the phone a month ago. I still cant seem to be able to speech to text.:confused:
  10. handyman439

handyman439 Member

Mine works with google voice and swift x keyboard.

My phone is also rooted which may have something to do with it.
  11. dman1000

dman1000 New Member

Go to settings . voice input . text to speech and then. click always use my settings.
  12. armpower

armpower New Member

ok guys, i have followed all the instructions any of you have posted excetpt rooting (that scares me) i am not real techy but would really like to get voice text to work. i have google voice and the gingerbread keyboard and i get the black keyboard but no mic on it, someone please help, please please please.

thanks so much!

LP
  13. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Have it on my Droid X, never use it.
  14. gpsjunkie

gpsjunkie Active Member

Google Voice Search not Google Voice.
    runsondiesel likes this.
  15. dartmar

dartmar Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried installing the full version of the flex T9 keyboard? That supposedly provides the voice control and keeps the swipe feature that is already part of the keyboard?
  16. armpower

armpower New Member

that did it google voice search!!! thanks!
  17. Hey guys, I installed Voice Search and can't seem to get it to work. I tried doing it just like the video showed when I say "Text to" it will open a texting screen but always puts the recipient into the message. I have yet to get it to fill in the recipient.

Any suggestions?
  18. runsondiesel

runsondiesel Well-Known Member

I put in Voice Search and am using it with the paid version of Better Keyboard 8. Speak clearly and it works great.

-David
  19. deathlovesyou

deathlovesyou New Member

Do a search in the apps market for keyboards. Choose the free app for gingerbread keyboard. after install enable it in your languages and keyboards settings. go to your normal messaging program. long press on the type box. choose input method. choose gingerbread keyboard. when that is done you will get the black keyboard with the mic to press and voice text.

and thanks to all other posts. i was about to start testing the durability of this phone against walls.
  20. ripjack13

ripjack13 Member

I'm really getting fed up with the google voive to text. If there is any sort of noise in the area besides my voice it either doesn't work, or if it does which is rare, it inputs words that do not make any sense. Not to mention i cant even use it in my truck with the windows rolled up, radio off, and vent closed. lame lame lame.

anyone else have this problem?
  21. scottfarcuz

scottfarcuz Active Member

Google voice works very well on my commando. I thought it was great on my old droid also.

Nuance on the other hand ships with the commando and is at the top of the "worthless apps i plan to delete" list when I finally root.
  22. nastyn8

nastyn8 New Member

I have read the threads and I have got my google assisted talk to text to work....kinda. It does not recognize all the names in my contacts. It does not work while driving, the time I want it to work the most. It is unable to detect my voice. I have downloaded the gingerbread thing and the google voice search. The google app allows me to talk and text but it doesn't work well unless I am inside a building and it is very quite. Can anyone please help me? I would very much like to be able to talk-to-text effectively. Please detail out steps thoroughly.
  23. bw2982

bw2982 Member

Exact same problem. Works perfectly while not in the car, not at all while in the car. I primarily want it to work for the navigation app. The volume of my voice and the distance I hold the phone from my mouth does not seem to make any difference: if I am in the car and the car is running: it does not pick up my voice.
  24. RazberriDroid

RazberriDroid New Member

If you download Go Keyboard and set it up there is a mic option built into it. Works awesome :)
    livebythedroid likes this.
  25. dartmar

dartmar Well-Known Member

The Flex T9 keyboard is on sale this week on Amazon. That is the full version of the one the phone came with. It has the speech built in and some other features. I d/l it today, and it works great.
    Sector7 likes this.