• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Casio Commando Speech To Text

Twisted955i

Lurker
May 14, 2011
I find it difficult to believe that speech to text is not standard on this new phone. I'd rather not have to install Vlingo to get a "Mic" key on my keyboard. Any suggestions out there. I have rooted it I tried installing Voice.apk but that doesnt do what I want.

Thanks in advance
Stan

I find it difficult to believe that speech to text is not standard on this new phone. I'd rather not have to install Vlingo to get a "Mic" key on my keyboard. Any suggestions out there. I have rooted it I tried installing Voice.apk but that doesnt do what I want.

Thanks in advance
Stan

what did you use to root it? I have a Gzone as well and am having difficulty with the root process.

Thanks, John

Upvote 0
ok guys, i have followed all the instructions any of you have posted excetpt rooting (that scares me) i am not real techy but would really like to get voice text to work. i have google voice and the gingerbread keyboard and i get the black keyboard but no mic on it, someone please help, please please please.

thanks so much!

LP

Upvote 0
ok guys, i have followed all the instructions any of you have posted excetpt rooting (that scares me) i am not real techy but would really like to get voice text to work. i have google voice and the gingerbread keyboard and i get the black keyboard but no mic on it, someone please help, please please please.

thanks so much!

LP

Google Voice Search not Google Voice.

Reactions: runsondiesel
Upvote 0
Hey guys, I installed Voice Search and can't seem to get it to work. I tried doing it just like the video showed when I say "Text to" it will open a texting screen but always puts the recipient into the message. I have yet to get it to fill in the recipient.

Any suggestions?

Do a search in the apps market for keyboards. Choose the free app for gingerbread keyboard. after install enable it in your languages and keyboards settings. go to your normal messaging program. long press on the type box. choose input method. choose gingerbread keyboard. when that is done you will get the black keyboard with the mic to press and voice text.

and thanks to all other posts. i was about to start testing the durability of this phone against walls.

Upvote 0
I'm really getting fed up with the google voive to text. If there is any sort of noise in the area besides my voice it either doesn't work, or if it does which is rare, it inputs words that do not make any sense. Not to mention i cant even use it in my truck with the windows rolled up, radio off, and vent closed. lame lame lame.

anyone else have this problem?

Upvote 0
I have read the threads and I have got my google assisted talk to text to work....kinda. It does not recognize all the names in my contacts. It does not work while driving, the time I want it to work the most. It is unable to detect my voice. I have downloaded the gingerbread thing and the google voice search. The google app allows me to talk and text but it doesn't work well unless I am inside a building and it is very quite. Can anyone please help me? I would very much like to be able to talk-to-text effectively. Please detail out steps thoroughly.

Upvote 0
I have read the threads and I have got my google assisted talk to text to work....kinda. It does not recognize all the names in my contacts. It does not work while driving, the time I want it to work the most. It is unable to detect my voice. I have downloaded the gingerbread thing and the google voice search. The google app allows me to talk and text but it doesn't work well unless I am inside a building and it is very quite. Can anyone please help me? I would very much like to be able to talk-to-text effectively. Please detail out steps thoroughly.

Exact same problem. Works perfectly while not in the car, not at all while in the car. I primarily want it to work for the navigation app. The volume of my voice and the distance I hold the phone from my mouth does not seem to make any difference: if I am in the car and the car is running: it does not pick up my voice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones