• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CDC serial Driver

Hi,
when ever i connect my samsung glaxy s2 with my computer its always ask driver CDC serial disc, but i did not get with the phone how i can get it?
Welcome to the Android Forums - nice to have you aboard... Just choose your device model from the list below.

There are a few carriers who have the Samsung Galaxy S2 - So I've linked all variants of your phone. Just choose your phone from the list.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums - (AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums - (T-mobile)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Android Forums - (Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums - (International)
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD - Android Forums

I hope you find this place helpful.

Upvote 0
I need help. My AT&T Galaxy S2 has a broken screen. I NEED to obtain my contacts, pictures & videos but my PC is asking for CDC driver. I downloaded Kies but it just sits there and says "Connecting...". It never connects. Can anyone help? I heard there was a software program that would allow me to see my phone's screen image on my PC and manipulate my "moves" that way but I haven't been able to find. Please help....

Upvote 0
Hello suttoja and welcome to Android Forums. For the best support for your S2 you will want to check out the discussion area for your device. Here is a link to that area: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-t/
Just ask for assistance there. The users there know your device well and might have some suggestions. Best of luck to you and thanks for using these forums.

Upvote 0
Hi,
when ever i connect my samsung glaxy s2 with my computer its always ask driver CDC serial disc, but i did not get with the phone how i can get it?

Had same issue. Here is the work around for Vista (may work on other Windows OS, haven't tried):
1. plug in your s2 to usb > cancel out any pop up about driver install(optional: click do not remind again)
2. go to control panel > click windows update > check for updates (if it doesn't load) > after update check is complete, go to "optional updates are available" > de-select any other option(we just want to install cdc driver for now)
>>> if you don't see Samsung drivers listed then go to step 3

3. Right click mouse "my computer" > "manage" > device manager(under system tools) > right click mouse on any hardware and refresh(scan for hardware changes) > go to step 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones