• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] {CDMA}[ROM][11/30/12][JB 4.1.2]MiuiAndroid 2.11.30 WIMAX

Rom toolbox will also offer that sometime soon, i had emailed the Dev about it ;)

Brian just be careful using the app to flash and backup, sometimes it corrupts, Scotty will tell you usually flash from recovery the manual way is usually the safest way to flash anything,

Haha!! Yes it's awesome, it just automates everything for you. Plus with titanium you can make a titanium zip to add to your flash that will automatically flash titanium. I like to add that to my list as well. The new update also lets you backup apps and data to a flashable zip as well so you can add that to your flash instead of installing titanium and then restoring everything, you can just restore in the flashing process!!

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Supergapps works great. The 4G widget works, I guess. When I try to use it, it says my phone does not support 4G. The only thing I can think of is that I have never tried flashing with a superwipe. I'll try that.

Thank you so much for your help.

I know Don uses 4g frequently or I think he does. He might be able to help you with the 4G situation. I would but I've only used/have experience with 4g only a hand ful of times.

Upvote 0
I'd be a bit sketchy using a different gapps than what the op has posted. Good luck with the different gapps though.

As I said earlier too, there has been reports of WiFi tethering not working. If you still can't get it going after getting the ROM set up, I can confirm USB tethering definitely works if you could use that instead.

What USB Tethering app are you using? In the ROM settings there is a USB Tethering option, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I bought Easy Tether way back for my Hero and set it all up but my computer just hangs on "connecting."

Upvote 0
What Rom are you on now? I'd love to get JB but need to retain 4G and wireless tether. Any suggestions?

I'm on Paranoid Android 2.52 its got working wireless tether but no 4g yet. Lens should be releasing a 4g update at least within the week.

Don't quote be, but jb roms, aside from this one, I'm not sure the rest of them have working 4g yet. Like I said don't quote me because I very well could be wrong about it as well.

Upvote 0
Thinking about flashing this, but mainly trying to find a Rom that let's me play gameloft 3d games. I read somewhere there was a miui Rom where they were fully functional. Is that this Rom or can someone kindly point me to the right one (if its possible)

3D is still a WIP for this miui rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1571021

You can try this one. Doesn't say 3D is a bug. But this is ics as well and not jb.

Upvote 0
Thanks but I have flashed several ICS ROMs no 3d games worked if they did they soon crashed. Flashed zr3d 4.3 gt that's gingerbread and viola all my 3d games work. Now I know its Gameloft just not updating their games correctly. Gloft did send me the "right" files but they only seem to work on gingerbread.

So I'll probably switch between gingerbread and this ROM assuming my progress is saved still otherwiseiI guess I'll be sticking to gingerbread. 3d device without utilizing 3d is no fun . I still get people who want to see the 3d and have not been able to show them anything but you tube videos
Lol

Upvote 0
Keep in mind there is no longer support on this Rom.

what can I do that will save some battery? I feel that the stock rom saves more battery than this rom, and the stock rom has a lot of bloatware. any help would be greatly appreciated :)

btw: I love this rom!! of all ! I think this one is the best :)

Upvote 0
Will this work for ZTE Avid 4G?

Sorry for the late reply... This port is just for the evo 3d. Someone would have to port this rom for your device if they haven't already.

I checked here in our root section for your device and didn't see anything. I would suggest looking on XDA in the development section for your device and also checking the miui site to see if they have it available for your device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones