cell-phone system memory issue

1. EQ0KG7

EQ0KG7 Active Member

there was two type of memory in a cell-phone, one named system memory,

other was SD memory card. I know the latter is used for storage like music

media, video etc stuff.

Q: can I store the app in the SD memory card but not in system memory?

Q:if the system memory is full, did it means users can't install any app in the

phone without deleting some app to release some memory space for it?

Advertisement
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

You can get Apps to SD card from the Market, but realize most apps do not work when installed on the SD card.

And yes if your internal memory is full, you must delete some apps to install new ones.

What phone are you using?
  3. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Some apps can be moved to the SD card and others cannot not. Also, if an apps has a widget you cannot move it to the SD if you want to use the widget. Widgets do not work if the app resides on the SD card.
  4. EQ0KG7

EQ0KG7 Active Member

RE:
    so how do I know which app can be transfer to SD card?

RE:
    how to do so?

RE:
    did you have transfer some app into SD card, either for testing or not?
  5. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

I will do my best here. I never placed an app on the sdk card. if the programmer wrote the code for the app to install on and run from the sd card then it will work. if not u can move it.to.the sd card but it will not launch.

when u get an app in the market it should tell u if u can run it from the sd card.

I have never tried.to do this.

still want to know what phone u have. I can do searches with urn phone and the problem. otherwise I am talking in general terms.
  6. SophiaBaker

SophiaBaker New Member

While it is true the rooting the phone does void the warranty I can assure you we will do everything in our power to help you! I am truly very sorry if that has not been your experience so far! Feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Quotes for business telephone systems