Cell Standby 42%Support

Last Updated:

1. musikat

musikat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does this just mean I am in a bad cell zone? This is my reading at home and it is the top battery usage on the chart, followed by wifi at 24% (on because I am home), and phone idle at 23%.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Can you click on Cell Standby and see what your time without service is?

42% is about where I am at with my Hero.

3. musikat

Wow, I didn't know it could do that. Time on: 2h11m38s Time without a signal: 91% WTH?? Anything I can do about that or is just my location?

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

91% is crazy HIGH!

Do you have service most of the time?

There was a trick that worked with the Hero, maybe it'll work with the Evo too.... Try This!

5. igzekyativ

igzekyativ Well-Known Member

6. musikat

Thanks to you both, but I checked that per your suggestions and it is on the correct setting. I guess I won't worry about it. My battery is okay (about 14 hours today with a couple of very short charges to sync with the computer) and I'm getting and receiving calls.

7. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

wow awesome! mine was searching for GSM... wonder how big of a screw up that is! hoping a patch will fix this soon? anyone know if it's possible?

8. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

Froyo is rumored to fix this, IIRC.

9. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

10. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

no it won't have any affect on the phone, only improvement as this is the way the phone is supposed to run if it is set for GSM, then it is searching for something it can't get for no reason, sprint is CDMA (ATT and Tmob are GSM) so searching for a signal it doesn't even have an antenna for is pointless

yes it was originally meant for the Hero but is is applicable for ALL android devices if they are on the wrong setting

11. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

Also to clarify, if you reboot your device, you have to reapply this again every time.

12. crunchy

crunchy Member

FYI there is an app called Network that allows easier access to this setting.

13. musikat

The app doesn't always match what you get if you do the number trick. I had the app and it said I was CDMA, but when I did the number thing it said GMS.

That said I tried this trick last night and afterwords it said 100% TWS! I still don't know what happened, so I will see how today goes. I haven't tried doing it again.

14. musikat

I just checked again and tried the number thing again. After many reboots it still says it is CDMA but my TWS is at 96%!? I have been home or in my neighborhood all day so far and using it, so obviously I have signal. What GIVES?

15. vlkswagn

vlkswagn Member

When I go into the battery use details and click on Cell standby (which is at 41% right now), I don't have the option to check the time without service. The only use details is "time on", which is 4h 35m 56s. I used to see the TWS, but I have done a few things to tweet the phone to extend battery life, and now I don't see it anymore. I had ATK installed for about a week, and I uninstalled it last night, as I read that it can harm the OS. I cycled the battery with that charge till green when on, turn off, charge till green when off, turn on, charge till green thingie I read about and that was it. Any ideas on how to get the TWS info back? Thanks!

I also did the GSM>CDMA thing. Could that be why I don't see TSW?