• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CF Case with no keyboard slide out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
when are you, instead of being a lying douchebag, are you going to state that you're really using texalium (aluminum coated fiberglass, how else do you get those colors... you dont)

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Before you jump in here and make some rude comment like that with no intelligence you should look at the pictures. If we have a black roll of carbon fiber, and the other colors are next to it, i'm pretty sure they are all real carbon fiber. You are making an embarassment out of yourself. Reported post.

Upvote 0
Actually, that colored material is texalium, which is fiberglass. which makes not a "REAL" carbon fiber case.

/signed a materials scientist.... im not pretty sure, i'm 100% positive

post reported.

My pretty sure remark wasn't an unsure of answer, it was a sarcastic remark to your incorrect comments. Look at the example cases that are posted. The weave would not look like that if it was texalium

Upvote 0
it's 2x2 twill 3k weave of texalium.

please.

those rolls are probably produced by hexcel.

(haha thanks holmgren--- its possible the black part is, but the colored is 100% NOT CF)

You can think what you want, but I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. We know what the material is, you are not inside of this, you have no knowledge on our business. Excuse yourself from this thread as you are just .000000000001% of an importance to me.

Upvote 0
Actually, that colored material is texalium, which is fiberglass. which makes not a "REAL" carbon fiber case.

/signed a materials scientist.... im not pretty sure, i'm 100% positive

post reported.

you might want to call your supplier, because either he's boning you on that material, or you're just seriously misinformed.

Not to insult your intelligence but please do some research before you yourself makes misinformed posts. Let me break it down for you so you understand the weaves that are actually used in carbon blended composites.

The blue/red/yellow and orange weaves are a carbon/kevlar blend, not texalium as you stated. The only true cf weave is black. But the colors still show the true appearance of a black cf weave (2x2 twill). Unlike the texalium dyed materials which will give a slightly shinier appearance due to the aluminum. A true texalium has a slight cover of aluminum on it which is how it gets the silver color it is and is not nearly as flexible as a true black cf weave. They do dye texalium weaves but its easy to spot the difference.

Now if you want to break down even more I can and will. There are other colors, such as the pink and white (many more as well) carbon weaves that are a dyed fiberglass/carbon weave. Which also will still give the exact same cosmetic appearance as a standard carbon fiber weave.

The only difference in the weaves is the cross weave to give it the unique coloring.

- Mark Anthony

Upvote 0

Sorry again but your proving my point even more. Those colored weaves are carbon/fiberglass hybrid materials. I pointed that out in my last portion of my post.

We use carbon/kevlar. This was the first prototype to the G1 in blue carbon/kevlar weave. So bash the product all you want. The proof is right here. Personally I think the weave is just as vibrant and beautiful as any carbon fiber weave. The consumer can see what they are getting for themselves.

SDC10087-1.jpg

Upvote 0
thanks for proving my point, though. 2x2 carbon fiber/______(insert kevlar, texalium, dog crap, whatever) is not the same as 2x2 carbon fiber weave. it's not CF through out.

JFC, its like dealing with kindergarteners. i'm out, i cant fricken take it any more.

If thats how you feel then so be it. I've explained my product and rightfully so. The minuscule differences between the weaves have been explained and a cell phone case is made purely for a cosmetic/protection purpose.

Any carbon/kevlar/fiberglass weave will hold up and be just fine.

But I'm glad you proved us wrong. I'll go back to my hole now.

Upvote 0
If thats how you feel then so be it. I've explained my product and rightfully so. The minuscule differences between the weaves have been explained and a cell phone case is made purely for a cosmetic/protection purpose.

Any carbon/kevlar/fiberglass weave will hold up and be just fine.

But I'm glad you proved us wrong. I'll go back to my hole now.

:p Win.

Reminder to everyone, deadline is Friday January 29th at 2:00 PM Central. Any addittional questions feel free to ask me.

Upvote 0
Sorry again but your proving my point even more. Those colored weaves are carbon/fiberglass hybrid materials. I pointed that out in my last portion of my post.

We use carbon/kevlar. This was the first prototype to the G1 in blue carbon/kevlar weave. So bash the product all you want. The proof is right here. Personally I think the weave is just as vibrant and beautiful as any carbon fiber weave. The consumer can see what they are getting for themselves.

SDC10087-1.jpg
That looks like the slider still works, why can't that happen for the Droid?

Upvote 0
That looks like the slider still works, why can't that happen for the Droid?
Its can and will, there will be 2 models for the droid. One that eliminated the keyboard (since there is demand for it) and one that allows you to use the keyboard. The case that uses the keyboard will be done afterwards. (within about a month).

Chris will keep you all updated on that when it happens.

Upvote 0
Its can and will, there will be 2 models for the droid. One that eliminated the keyboard (since there is demand for it) and one that allows you to use the keyboard. The case that uses the keyboard will be done afterwards. (within about a month).

Chris will keep you all updated on that when it happens.

As I stated previously in this thread, I am willing to invest in a CF cover that will allow me to use my keyboard.

Thanks for the good news!

Keep us posted!

Upvote 0
So far they look awesome.
I have done a bit of carbon work and it is not easy to do right.
PLEASE post pictures of the Moto Droid.

An idea for you. What is the possibility of a model with a hinged lid to protect the screen ?

Pictures of the droid case will be up when they are made.

As for the second part of your post, our main focus is a one piece back case only. Most people protect their screens by buying a screen protector at their local stores.

Upvote 0
Pictures of the droid case will be up when they are made.

As for the second part of your post, our main focus is a one piece back case only. Most people protect their screens by buying a screen protector at their local stores.

No, not a standard screen protector, I have those. I mean a protector against impacts and bumps while in your pocket.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones