• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change camera to self facing

Do you have this button in the bottom left?

Screenshot_20160311-100324.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160311-100324.png
    Screenshot_20160311-100324.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 87
Upvote 0
I'm not sure which camera app or version you are using. Try swiping from either the left or right of the screen to bring up more options. I remember one version of my camera app on my Nexus 5 being that way, but I can't look at it right now.

If I remember correctly, swiping from the right brings up settings and swiping from the left brings up some extra camera controls such as switching front to rear facing, etc.

Upvote 0
If that's the case then it sounds like you are using the same camera app that I am currently using but mine has the button in the lower left to switch between front and rear facing cameras.

Any chance you can take a screen shot of your camera app and upload it here? And maybe also go into app info for your camera app and tell me the version number? Are you using the stock google camera?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones