• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change Default Car Home in Car Dock

austink

Nov 6, 2009
I really like the car dock for the Droid, but I find the "Car Home" application to be very annoying. First, there are no options to customize it, and you are stuck with the shortcuts they think I want. Second, you can't even avoid it. I would be okay if you could just hit that home button to go to the regular home screen once everytime you get in the car, but the problem is that every time you end a call and try to go back to the home screen it takes you back to that car-home screen.

Has anyone figured out a way to either disable this or select a different app to open when the phone is in the car dock?

My ideal situation would be to have the ability to have the QuickDial app open everytime the phone is docked in the car (any have that come up with the home button is pressed while in the car).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones