1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Change default google search country

Last Updated:

1. chris_huh

chris_huh Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,

When i press the search button from the homescreen and search google for something it always searches the US website. So if, for instance, i am searching for a product it comes up in US prices. Can i change this to use Google UK instead as the default search?

I tried looking in the Search settings under the main settings but it doesn't have that as an option.

Am i missing something, surely other people are affected by this

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Selespeed

Selespeed Well-Known Member

I don't know how far you got in the search settings and i don't want to sound like i'm teaching you to suck eggs but this is how my Nexus One is set (Desire and Nexus have pretty much the same settings i think).

Settings > search > google search > tick 'use my location'

Back to settings > location and security > tick 'use wireless networks'

Works for me.

3. chris_huh

I've got 'use wireless networks' ticked, and my ' use my location' is under privacy, not search settings. But that's ticked too. But it still doesn't work.

I realised if i clicked the link in Shopper to search Google for an item, it seems to use the UK version, so i think it might just be the quick search app (ie the one you get from pressing the search key)

4. chris_huh

Ah, after meddling about with the default internet settings I've found out that it is only a problem if I use dolphin hd, if I use the stock browser it works out my location fine. Does anyone know if there are any settings in dolphin that need to be changed?