• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change default google search country

chris_huh

Jun 8, 2010
Hey,

When i press the search button from the homescreen and search google for something it always searches the US website. So if, for instance, i am searching for a product it comes up in US prices. Can i change this to use Google UK instead as the default search?

I tried looking in the Search settings under the main settings but it doesn't have that as an option.

Am i missing something, surely other people are affected by this

Cheers

I don't know how far you got in the search settings and i don't want to sound like i'm teaching you to suck eggs but this is how my Nexus One is set (Desire and Nexus have pretty much the same settings i think).

Settings > search > google search > tick 'use my location'

Back to settings > location and security > tick 'use wireless networks'

Works for me.

Upvote 0
I've got 'use wireless networks' ticked, and my ' use my location' is under privacy, not search settings. But that's ticked too. But it still doesn't work.

I realised if i clicked the link in Shopper to search Google for an item, it seems to use the UK version, so i think it might just be the quick search app (ie the one you get from pressing the search key)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones