• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change resolution on X92 Smart TV Box

oceanearth

Lurker
Mar 29, 2017
I've got a Projector - Sony VPL-CX11. My Android TV box (v6.0) is connected to it via HDMI into a HDMI-VGA converter into the projector's VGA port and I'm getting a great picture, but it's in 4:3 aspect (SXGA – 1280 x 1024) and I want 16:9.

The projector is only 1024x 768. So I guess I want 1024 x 576 (576p).

The output resolution on the converter changes according to the HDMI input resolution, so I need to set the resolution on the box. The problem is there's no option in the box's Android settings to do that. I can only change the mode (either 1080p or 720p). Tried both and it doesn't change the aspect.

Any ideas on how I can override the box's 'preffered' resolution setting to 1024 x 576 or another res with 16:9 aspect? Is there an app that provides this functionality?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones