• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change Ring To Voicemail setting

BeachGuy

Feb 5, 2011
Hi all. I have an Optimus V on a beyondtalk plan with VirginMobile. I also have a google voice number that rings to my home phone as well as 2 different cell #s including this one. For some reason the voicemail on my cell phone is picking up the call, I'm guessing due to the fact it is picking up the voicemail before the google voicemail option picks up, sensing the call being answered. I'd like to change the number of rings before my cell phone forwards to voicemail, which I think would solve the google voice # problem. I've searched the forums as well as the internet and saw options where you can dial *94x and then send, where x is the number of rings. However I get a message: "The feature code you entered is not valid." Another option was dialing **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30#, that did not work either. Anyone know the answer? I was hoping it was as easy as a menu setting in android, but doesn't appear to be that simple. Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks agentc13, but I think you misunderstood my question. I don't want to change the forwarding of my virginmobile phone number to google voice. I just want to increase the number of rings to voicemail to prevent my other google voice phone number from going to the virginmobile voicemail. From what I read this is a carrier setting, not phone. But if I'm wrong, I'd be happy to take any advise from Optimus V users. :)

Upvote 0
From what I have read you have to call VMU to have any changes made to your voicemail. I've tried 4 different times to have mine disabled and each time been told they can not/will not do that. Other members have reported success in having theirs disabled.

No idea if you'd be able to get them to increase the number of rings though.

This probably should be in the VMU forum where it originally was since it is a VMU question and nothing specifically Optimus V.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones