• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changing CSC code from Middle-East to USA variant

Hi there,

I'm new here to the forums, but I believe that I'm posting this in the correct place.

First, a bit of background;
A couple of months ago I bought an unlocked Galaxy SII here in the UAE. Having come from Europe (where I was using a Galaxy Ace), I very quickly realized that the Google Play market is severely limited here in the Middle-East. After a bit of reading, I discovered that this has to do with my CSC code.

I'll be moving to the United States soon to continue my university studies, and want my GSII's CSC code set to that region so that I can receive proper firmware updates and access to the Google Play market.

I don't want to root my device, nor do I want to install any custom ROMs--if at all possible. I just want to know how I should go about changing my CSC code from I9100OJPKJ1 to a USA variant.

How easily can I do this?
I searched the internet pretty extensively to find the answer, but I couldn't find anything definitive. So, I've turned it over to you guys.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

- MentalSoul

I'm in the exact situation this dude's in; I bought a phone in the Middle East, and in a couple months I'm going back to the US. I don't want to root/flash my device, but I've read about CSC's online and think they're the solution to my problem. My only problem is, I have absolutely no idea which CSC represents US devices, nor am I confident that Kies will back up all my data (contacts, apps, app saves, etc.) before I flash.

I hope my post hasn't given you false hope or anything mentalhope, but this is the closest situation I've found to my own and I'm hoping someone can help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones