Changing default search to Google

Last Updated:

1. Harbing3r

Harbing3r Member

So my Milestone has Bing as the search engine, and no Google as a choice. I read that it is possible to change/add search engines after rooting, but I haven't found any guides specific to the Milestone.

What's the process to add Google as a default search engine? (I have root)

Advertisement
  2. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer Guide

I don't know the answer to your question from experience because I'm happy to say that my Milestone with 2.1 has Google as the search engine just as I expected it to have. Making Bing the default on an (Google) Android phone is bizarre, its like Microsoft choosing Google as the default search engine on Windows Mobile...

If I found myself in your position I'd root the phone and flash it with the appropriate standard 2.1 (or 2.2) firmware - which certainly uses Google by default.
  3. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

I agree with the statement above. This should correct your problem.
  4. joncape

joncape Active Member

i want to make google's "blackle" mobile equivalent my default search engine for my android. Howwww???
  5. Alta1r

Alta1r Well-Known Member

I'm taking a guess here, but wouldn't your problem be solved by installing the app 'Google search'? And delete the Bing search app if there is any?

You can download 'Google Search' from the market. If there is any Bing app it should be in /system/app