• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changing ringtones and message alerts

HecklerUK

Nov 14, 2011
I may be missing something really obvious, but I cannot find how to set a non standard ringtone or message alert on my DHD.

I can set a ringtone by editing an mp3 but I cannot even find sound files I have blutoothed over from my old file, let alone set them as an alert.

The manual is not much help, I can choose from the preinstalled or download from the HTC downloads... but not set one I want.

I find the built in editor to vague, what would you recommend to edit the files on my PC first?

I've also noticed that if you set a non standard ringtone, and then unmount the card (such as using it as a mounted drive for windows to see) it changes the ringtones back to preinstalled ones.

So I also need to know how to stop that from happening. :)

For Ringtones, create a folder on your SD Card called "Ringtones", for SMS Alerts, create a folder on your SD Card called "Notifications", both minus the quotes. If you place the MP3's you want in there.

You can try Ringdroid for editing, I wasn't a fan though. I downloaded some free PC app in the end (although I can't remember the name of it, sorry).

If you don't unmount from the PC properly, it will default the ringtones back to the HTC ones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones