• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

changing verizonwireless banner

can the verizon wireless banner on the startup screen be changed like you can on the droidx using liberty, since pulldown editor does not work with the fascinate wondering if theres another way.

There is no way to edit vzw on the lockscreen....only hide it....Eri.xml is the file that needs to be edited but samsung did something screwy and it can't be edited....many of us have spent hours trying....sbrissen did edit it though so it can be hidden

It is possible to edit it in the pulldown menu under the power controls...but this requires editing the service.jar with terminal/adb knowledge and smali/backsmali ....which the average user would probably not be able to do

So basically you can't do it from your phone

Upvote 0
I have a Verizon Galaxy Tab which I would like to change the boot animations. Now as I understand it, there are two folders in which hold the animations. One for boot and the other for shutdown. Is that correct? The Verizon appears to use both animation for boot up and only one for shutdown. I have looked into using the Android SDK to push down the bootanimation.zip but the abd (or adb) files seems missing in the download. My question here is what can be used to create the animations, almost anything as long as it is converted to the android zip format??

Upvote 0
I have a Verizon Galaxy Tab which I would like to change the boot animations. Now as I understand it, there are two folders in which hold the animations. One for boot and the other for shutdown. Is that correct? The Verizon appears to use both animation for boot up and only one for shutdown. I have looked into using the Android SDK to push down the bootanimation.zip but the abd (or adb) files seems missing in the download. My question here is what can be used to create the animations, almost anything as long as it is converted to the android zip format??

You may want to go over here

Samsung Galaxy Tab - Android Forums

This is the forum for the Galaxy Tab

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones