Charging Brick InfoSupport

Last Updated: 2012-12-06 16:54:27
  1. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hey guys can some that still has their ASUS brick tell me the milivolt charge rate?
    and if anyone knows how i can get my hands on another one or a charger (besides paying 20 something for another charger on the play store)
    from a different OEM's that will charge my nexus 7? I have chargers form HTC, Samsung, Motorola... I have tried them all and they all seam to charge the tablet very slowly and i am assuming that is because it the bricks are at a lower milivolt charge rate.

Thanks for the info/ help guys ~kid

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Are you looking for the output from the OEM charger? If so, it is 2A. When not in use I am able to easily charge it with a 1A charger (it may be an 850mA, I'll have to confirm when I get home).
    blkbeltkid17 likes this.
  3. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I easily charge mine when not in use at work with my old Motorola Droid charger. I think he's right though, I think the ASUS is 2A.
    blkbeltkid17 likes this.
  4. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Well-Known Member

An iPad charger at 2.1amps will work as will a Kindle Fire charger at 2.0amps which is what I have been using since new.
  5. blkbeltkid17

that is one thing why my charge times my be slow is the lower output of the 1A charger,

when you say an IPad charger ... whats that i don't own that ;)
  6. JanComputerman

I use an after market dual USB port charger with a 2.1 amp output for "iPad" use and a 1 amp output for other devices. (Scosche) I also have a couple of battery power packs that also charge it if I am mobile.
  7. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

growing up i never understood the amps output and everything. always just thought if it fit itll charge! lol when i got my smartphone this is tru but it does tend to take forever if you dont have the right charger!
  8. blkbeltkid17

I wish I had the money to enjoy that luxury

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  9. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Well-Known Member

I use my Galaxy Nexus charger to charge my N7. It charges a bit more slowly that on the N7's own charger, but not dramatically so.
  10. JanComputerman

Battery pack was like $15 - not a big one, wall AC charger is available in 2 and 4 port versions for about the same price. I have several USB charged devices.
  11. JanComputerman

Amperes is the measurement of electron flow past a point ... From wiki..."the ampere is a measure of the amount of electric charge passing a point in an electric circuit per unit time with 6.241
  12. Unforgiven

13. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

14. JanComputerman

Yeah been pushing electrons around for a long time ... Way before any of this LCD color technology was even heard of! Good cartoon analogy! What's really wild is the electrons are pushed in at one end of the wire and different ones pop out the other end!
  15. blkbeltkid17

well i finally found an old lg charger (although i miss the actual charger) that charges at 1.0 so it is slightly slower but at least it works

and i am getting my little brother an n7 for Christmas so i can steal his ;-)
  16. blkbeltkid17

17. Unforgiven

I think so, but I'm not sure. I've tossed my GNex on my N7 charger and noticed no overheating or other issues.
  18. blkbeltkid17

mine is the complete opposite I used the n7 on my gnex and i though the dam thig was going to melt... it was how enough that it could have burned my face if i tried to talk on it